Many people who go to university will agree when I say that your three years will go faster than one year at high school. No matter how busy you are, the days turn into weeks and the weeks turn into months, and before you know it you're in your last year at university and soon to become a graduate.
So whilst I remind myself of the fond memories I've collected over the past 2 years, I find that I still have so much more that I want to do before I'm thrown into the big bad world. Here's my list of what I want to achieve before I finish university:
- Have my 1st semester film chosen to be screened at the end of semester Staffs uni screening.
- Get some work experience or the chance to shadow a DOP/AD
- Develop my networking skills
- Watch films that aren't to my personal taste to explore other realms of film making.
- Make a mini short film through a semester (no matter how rubbish it is)
- Get a 2:1 or a 1st for my final grade. A girl can dream!
I have so many ideas of what I'm going to do once I leave university: get a normal job whilst trying to get an internship, wait and do freelance runner jobs until someone wants to hire me or have a full time normal job and do short films/music videos on the side as a hobby. I guess it's something you can't decide on until it's right in front of you.
What's the plan then? After university, I have no idea. But for now, I have another year to prove myself and create some fantastic films whilst gaining some contacts and learning from mistakes on the way... thank god for multi-tasking!
If you want to see how I get on, feel free to subscribe! Thanks for reading my short (but hopefully sweet) post!