My father and I both love music. My father has a band sponsored by his office. All of his siblings have an ear for music and knows how to play an instrument. My father plays guitar, drums, and even leads the vocal. I, as his daughter have somewhat some kind of love in music too because I love singing.
I have found out great things about singing-one of it is that i feel pleasure in singing and the others are as follows:
(Same with Go, Grow and Glow there are three categories in which singing greatly benefits people)
1. Singing exercises our lungs. It tones up our intercostal muscles and our diaphragm.
2. It can improve our sleep
3. We benefit our hearts and circulation by improving our aerobic capacity and we decrease muscle tension.
4. Our facial muscles get toned.
5. Our posture improves.
6. We can become more mentally alert.
7. Sinuses and respiratory tubes are opened up more
8. With careful training recent evidence suggests that it can help decrease the problem of snoring.
9. There is a release of pain relieving endorphins.
10. Our immune system is given a boost enabling us to fight disease.
11. It can help reduce anger and depression and anxiety
12. Use of music can help people to regain balance if affected by illness such as Parkinson’s disease
1. Increase in self esteem and confidence
2. It increases feelings of wellbeing
3. It enhances mood
4. Useful as a stress reducer
5. It is uplifting spiritually
6. It can increase positive feelings
7. Encourages creativity
8. It can be energizing
9. It evokes emotions
10. Promotes bonding
11. Increases understanding and empathy between cultures.
12. It is healing
1. It enables you to meet more people
2. Is a forum for sharing
3. Brings people together and encourages a sense of community
4. Offers opportunity for giving and receiving positive feedback
5. A forum for fun & laughter
7. Provides a safe environment to try new skills
8. Brings people together. Give it a try!
so go on and sing the hymn of your life