10 Signs of Hepatitis B Infection
Hepatitis B is a very infectious liver disease. A blood test will show if you have hepatitis B. Also an early diagnosis of hepatitis B will help protect your liver from further aggressive damage. Here is a list of the top symptoms and signs of hepatitis B infection:
1. If you had sex with a person who has hepatitis B infection:
It’s important to know that oral sex can transmit the hepatitis B virus too.
2. If you are feeling sick to your stomach or vomiting: Also if you have a stomach pain or an unexplained abnormal liver enzyme test you might have hepatitis B.
3. If you have HIV: A 10% of people diagnosed with HIV are also infected with hepatitis B or hepatitis C.
4. If you use needles which aren’t sterile: It could vary from dental work, medical procedures, tattooing, body piercing, also injected drugs, for the Virus to be transmitted.
5. Inmates: 13 years ago in the United States, there were close to 22,000 acute hepatitis B and 78,000 new hepatitis B virus (HBV) infections, an estimated 29% of these cases were in former inmates.
6. Men who have sex with men: hepatitis B is most common among men who have sex with other men and can have potentially serious long-term effects.
7. If you received kidney dialysis in the past.
8. If you had an organ transplant or take medications that suppress the immune system, such as anti-rejection medications, you are at higher risk of hepatitis B infection.
9. Pregnant women: this is the most common way the virus is passed on is from an infected mother to her baby, 9 out of 10 infants,30 out of 100 children younger than age 5 are unable to clear HBV from their bodies and become chronically infected.
10. If you have any of the following physical symptoms: Jaundice, this means yellowish eyes and skin it shows only after other symptoms have started to go away, Skin rash, muscle and/or joint pain.