Indonesia is one of countries with the largest forest area in the world and really need to do the conservation. It also completed with a management of forests for conservation and ecological balance of the earth nature. Different types of forests in Indonesia have the following functions.
- Prevent erosion and landslides. The roots of the tree serve as a binder grain of soil. With no forest, no rain fell to the ground but fell to the leaf surface or absorbed into the ground.
- Keeps, organize, maintain supplies of water in the rainy season also dry season.
- Fertilize the soil, as fallen leaves will break down into soil humus.
- As an economic resource. It can be utilized as a result of forest raw materials or raw materials for industrial and building. For example, rattan, rubber, and gutta-percha are used for handicrafts and materials of building.
- As a dutfah plasma source for diversity in forest ecosystems that allow for the development of genetic biodiversity.
- Reduce pollution to air pollution. Plants absorb carbon dioxide and produce oxygen needed by a living.