1.Birds and mammals are the only animals with automatic systems for controlling body temperature.
2. One interior region of Antarctica is known as dry valleys.These valleys have not seen rainfall in over 2 million years.
3. Your heart beats more than 100,000 time in a day and pumps about 14000 liters of blood.
4. The evaporation of water from leaves keep the plant cool in hot weather.
Your lungs contain about 3oo million alveoli.
5. The hottest temperature ever recorded on earth's surface is 71 degree Celsius in the Dash-e-lut Desert of Iran.
6. Hawaii's mount Waialeale is the wettest place in the world.
7. Music on a compact disc is recorded digitally.Sound signals are converted to numbers
8. We use more electrical energy during day than at night.
9. The number of Muslims in the world is about 1.3 to 1.5 billion,roughly one-fifth of the world's population.
10. In Brazil, alcohol from sugar is mixed with petrol and used as fuel for specially converted engines.
11. Eyelashes form a net in front of the eye protecting it from dust.
12. Japan is the richest country in the world.
13. As an experiment in France, pedistrians used specially designed footpaths to generate electricity.The group of paving slabs have the capacity to generate 30 watts of electricity which is enough to power overhead street lights.
14. You keep your balance in two ways.Your eyes tell if you are upright or tilted.The semi-circular canals of your ears tell if you are moving off balance.
15. Pakistan and India are the only countries which produce sugar from sugarcane.Other countries use sugar beet for manufacturing sugar.
16. Your sense of hunger comes partly from the sensory nerve endings in your stomach wall which are stimulated when your stomach contracts as it empties.
17. The most deadliest volcanic eruption took place in Indonesia.It took lives of 92000 people.
Written by: BRIGHT AQUA