THE OBJECTIVE OF FIRST AID
1) To save life.
2) To prevent further injury.
3) Tor preserve vitality and resistance to infection.
GENERAL FIRST AID RULES
1) Keep the victim lying down.
2) In examining the victim, move him no more than absolutely necessary.
3) Keep the victim reassured and as comfortable as possible.
4) Do not touch open Wounds or Burns with fingers or other object, Except when sterile compress or bandages are not available and it is absolutely necessary to stop severe bleeding.
5) Do not give unconscious person anything by mouth
6) Do not move him if you suspect a broken bone until it is immobilized.
7) Keep the injured person comfortably warm.
GENERAL RESUSCITATION RULES
1) Are you the casualty in any danger? IF you have not already done so, make the situation safe and then assess the casualty.
2) If the casualty appears unconscious, check this by shouting “ Can You Hear Me?” and gently shaking his or her shoulders. If there is no response, follow the procedure below:
3) To open and clear the airway; Carefully remove any obvious debris or obstruction from the mouth with four finger and do not probe blindly with your fingers; Place two finger under the point of the chin and place your other hand on the casualty’s forehead; At the same time, lift the chin and gently tilt the head back.
4) Spend 5 seconds checking to see if the casualty is breathing; Chest is rising and falling; Listen for breathing; Feel for the casualty’s breath against your cheek.
5) After giving two slow breaths, artificial circulation is provided by external chest compression.