We take a look at the most interesting team and player statistics surrounding Wednesday night's match at Camp Nou
Head coach Luis Enrique was exceptionally delighted with the play of midfielder Sergio Busquets, whose virtuoso performance he described as 'perfect'.
- Sergio Busquets staged a brilliant performance in the match against BATE Borisov. He completed 87of 90 passes and recovered nine balls.
- More impressively, Thomas Vermaelen made his debut in the Champions League with Barça and completed all 89 passes he attempted, in addition to recovering 11 balls during the 96 minutes of the game.
- With Gerard Pique not playing, only three players have played every minute in the four UCL matches: Ter Stegen, Luis Suarez and Neymar Jr.
- Barca now have a three-game shutout streak: a goalless draw at Villanovense in the Copa del Rey, a 2–0 La Liga win at Getafe, and Wednesday's 3–0 triumph over BATE at Camp Nou.
- In fact, Barça have given up just one goal in the last five games, which came in a 3–1 home win against Eibar two weeks ago.
- Neymar, after a brace against BATE Borisov, surpassed several players on the Club's all-time Champions League scoring list, moving past the likes of Ronaldinho, Pedro Rodriguez and Hristo Stóixkov — that's right, all three of them — on Wednesday night.
- The player with the most distance covered throughout the match was Sergi Roberto, who ran 12.1 km.
- FC Barcelona have now outscored BATE Borisov 14–0 all-time, winning by 4–0 and 5–0 in the 2011/12 season, and by 2–0 and 3–0 this season.
- Neymar Jr. and Luis Suárez again led the attack. The Brazilian scored two goals, but also had five key passes, including his assist to Suárez. Suárez scored one goal and had three key passes himself, the last of which assisted — who else? — Neymar.
- Neymar led in passing combinations among his teammates, connecting 41 times with Sergio Busquets and 41 more with Adriano.