- Attach the digital camera with USB post or wire fire port on system unit
- Coping images form digital camera storage media to hard disk is just like coping images from any other hard disk.
- Studio camera
- Field camera
- Point-and-shoot camera
The most expensive and highest quality camera is studio camera
- A field camera is used by photojournalists
- A point-and-shoot camera is much more affordable and light weight and provide acceptable image quality for home and small business. Some of the features of point-and-shoot camera are
- Special effects
- Can record audio narrations for images
- Can record short video clips
- have built-in TV out port that allow to display images directly on television
- Sharpness and clearness of an image is called its resolution.
- Quality of a camera is measured by its resolution. Resolution is defined in pixels.
- Pixel is smallest element in an electronic image. Greater the number of pixels per inch(ppi)higher the resolution better the quality of image.
1600x1200 ppi =2megapixel camera
Digital camera resolution range from approx (1 million to 6 million pixels(MP).
- 1-megapixel camera is fine for screen displays, web pages and e-mail attachments.
- Higher the resolution more expensive the camera
- Lower the ppi ,you can capture more images in camera for example:
800x600 ppi might capture 61 images if it has sufficient storage capacity .the number of images reduce to 24 if camera is set at 1600x1200ppi
- Optical Resolution
- Enhanced Resolution
Enhanced resolution is higher than optical resolution because it uses a special formula to add pixels between those generated by optical resolution
- Another measure of digital camera quality measure is number of bits stores in pixel.
- Each pixel consist of 1 or more bits of data
- One bit per pixel is enough for simple one-color image but for more sharpness more than 1 bit of data. point-and-shoot camera has 24 bits per pixel
How digital camera works
- To take a image, light passes through lens of camera
- The image is focus on a chip called charge-coupled device(CCD)
- The CCD generates an analog signal that represents the image
- The analog signal is converted to digital by analog-to-digital converter (ADC)
- Digital signal processor(DSP) adjusts the quality of image and store it on storage media
- Image is transfer to computer's harddsik by plugging one end of the cable to camera and other end into computer