there are four types of the interview and they are:
1) One-on-One Interview:
- This is the most common type of interviews.
- You’ll be interviewed by one person.
- During the interview, you should focus on the questions asked, maintain eye contact, and show that your qualifications will benefit the organization.
2) Panel interview:
- It consists of more than one interviewer.
- To succeed, you should maintain eye contact with the person who asks the question, yet you should be looking to each one of them.
3) Group interview:
- it consists of one interviewer and a group of candidates.
- This type is mainly used to discover how you can deal under-pressure, how you can deal with different types of people surrounding you, test your communication skills and your leadership skills.
- Also to see how you interact with others and how you use your knowledge and skills to influence them.
4) Group-Panel interview:
- it consists of a group of interviewers and a group of candidates.
- As one of the interviewers ask questions, the other will be closely monitoring the groups’ reaction to these questions.
- You should focus with each one of them, and also focus with the group of candidates surrounding you.
Job interviews strategies:
Job interview strategies that focus only on the interview is not enough.
You must use strategies that cover the entire process. They can be divided into three phases:
- Actions you should take before the interview: like knowing where is the company and some information about it for preparing yourself properly for the interview.
- Actions you should take during the interview: and this is what we talked about before.
- Actions you should take after the interview: prepare yourself for the 2nd interview if there is a second interview and leave a good mark when you leave.
Written by Mohammed Hussein