Girl Talk: How to Choose the Underwear That Fits
Women use different ways for buying a perfect underwear size for themselves. Some will try them on at a shop. Some will just base it on the international size of small, medium, or large. The others will resort to estimation.
As a result, most women wear undergarments with incorrect sizes and they will feel uncomfortable because of it. They end up wasting their money for they have to ditch the misfit undies and buy another.
Amber Scholl shares a YouTube video about her struggle for finding a perfect bra. Watch below and learn some tips too.
How to Buy a Bra That Fits
Commonly, the series of numbers such as 32, 34, and 36 represent the under-bust measurement. The letters A, B, C, and D pertain to the measurement of the cup size. Here is how to determine the best fit for you.
- Remove your bra to measure your size accurately.
- Wrap a tape measure around your ribcage just below the bust using the inch as the unit of measurement
- Take note of the measurement. If the result is an even number, add four inches to it. If the result is an odd number, then add 5 inches to it. The result will be the band size.
- Wrap the tape measure around the fullest part of the bust and take note of the measurement. The result is the bust measurement.
- Subtract the band size from the bust measurement. The result represents the cup size.
- AA = <1 inch
- A = 1 inch
- B = 2 inch
- C = 3 inch
- D = 4 inch
- DD = 5 inch
- DDD (US) or E (UK) = 6 inch
- G (US) or F (UK) = 7 inch
This process is useful especially if you are shopping online and there is no way to try it on. If you are on a shop and have the chance to fit it, then you can add these procedures to ensure that you will end up buying the most perfect for you.
- Bend forward on the waist level and wiggle your bust to properly cup the breast into it.
- Make a few adjustments on the straps to ensure that the bra is not too loose or too tight.
- Analyze the fitting sideways in front of the mirror. Your bosoms should be midway between the elbows and shoulders. If not, look for other options that give better support.
How to Buy a Panty That Fits
It is easier to buy panties because there is no math needed. All you need is a tape measure to measure the size of your waist and hips. After that, you can refer to this chart.
However, there are different variations of panties to choose from. Learn which one will look the best on your bottoms by watching this video below.
Additional Tips for Wearing Your Underwear
- If you are planning to have a romantic night with your partner and want to seduce him. Wear your undies with matching colors. If you want to look more seductive, a suspender belt will add to the thrill.
- Go for a nude color undergarment for chiffon fabric clothes.
- Wear white underwear for see through or blending clothes.
- Be careful not to let your panty peek out.
Image Credit: Ashkarian via Wikimedia.org
- Lady briefs or boxers are perfect for travelling and for other adventurous activities. They provide the most comfortable and homey feeling especially when you have to move around.
- G-strings only look good on big, full-sized bums. However, you can still wear them if your seamless panties and boy leg undies cannot do the job of getting rid of those panty lines.
- French cut-and boy leg undies are ideal for the ladies with a flat bum.
- Wear your panties properly. Most women make a mistake of wearing their panties like pants. The waist part should be where it has to be.
- Complement the full-sized breast by using an underwired bra. But, make sure that the wire sits perfectly against your body. Remember that the more wiring it has, the more difficult it is to wear it. Also, make sure that the wire casing does not enclose the wire too tightly because it will have a greater tendency to stick out and poke you (Ouch!)
- You can use a washing machine to clean your undies but at a gentle mode. However, be extra careful with silks. As much as possible, hand wash them with cold water.
How to Buy Perfect Underwear for Your Girl
Image Credit: Pixnio.com
If you are a man and you are here, it might be because of these three reasons: To simply buzz my article, to satisfy your curiosity on how women do their thing, or to find something informative that will help you find a perfect underwear for your partner.
If you are married, it will be less daunting for you to find perfect underwear for your spouse. But if not, depending on your girlfriend’s behavior or level of intimacy, it can be awkward to talk to your girl about this matter.
So, here is what I’ve got for you.
- Raid your girlfriend’s drawer where her undies are. Do it without her knowledge. Take advantage of it when she is busy doing something.
- To know which type of undie to buy, look at the different types of lingerie that she has. Take note of the style of her undies that looks old and needs replacement. Or, determine which style comprises that majority of her undies. Do you see that she loves wearing thongs? French-cut panties? Wireless bra?
- If you find it difficult to find an opportunity to raid your partner’s drawer, try to volunteer to do her laundry. However, this method is quite unreliable because there is no 100 percent guarantee that your girl will let you wash her private stuff, unless you are already married.
- If you cannot find an opportunity to raid her drawers and you do not want to do the laundry service for your girl, then you will have to resort to estimation. It is easy to do it for panties because you can just look at her shirt’s size (international size). If you see that her shirt’s size is medium, you can use that size as a basis to find a medium-sized panty for her. However, things are more complicated with bras and you will have to resort to reading this blog and make a rough estimation. Just take note that the smallest bust size available is AA and the largest size is G.
Wearing undies is a part of life of every woman unless you are a feminist. For this reason, you should know your size and buy the one that will make you feel comfortable so you do not have to bother yourself worrying about it throughout your day.
Thank you for reading.
Written for bitLanders by @Boredbee
If you have a passion for blogging and social media, join us on bitLanders.