The Explosive growth of population in already over populated region of the world is casting serious doubt on the success of governmental policies and strategies adopted for sustaining of life as far as food is concerned so, in these cercumstances greenhouses play an important role in feeding the peoples. Todays green house automation technology is very advance in developed countries and many futuristic applications are on their way, for instance hydroponics, Aeroponics, the concept of vertical farming and a lot more. A greenhouse (also called a glasshouse) is a building or complex in which plants are grown and provide special environment for their growing. But in countries such as Pakistan and in the neighboring region we have a long way to go to catch up with the advance green house technology of the west. Green House technology is used in Saudi Arabia where strawberry and other European vegetables being produced in life less sand of desert that technology is probability used in German and Saudi Arabia.
Tomato Farming Green Houses In Kenya:
- Our Software will extract the Features from the Frame coming form the running video and Analyze it and then take decision about the Health ,Growth Rate, and Age of the plants.
- If the Plant Is unhealthy then automatically take decision to solve the issue.
- Our system Give nutrients according to the age to the plants
Our Application will show following things to the user.
- Age of the plant.
- Health of the plant
- The Nutrients Name that should provide to the plant (Age-wise Distributions)
In existing techniques the sensors are deployed inside the green house to help regulatory in environment for the plant. Sensors are used to collect information that is important for plant growth. Most commonly collect information includes temperature and relative humidity.
Other environmental information such as CO2, light, vapor pressure deficit, soil tension is also used for more sophisticated plant growth regulation In existing system there is no direct approach (Plant themselves regulate their environment) towards controlling environment inside Green house.
And in our system plants themselves regulate their own environment
- If we talk about Pakistan or many other under developed countries no automation methods are available to precisely and periodically evaluate the biotic status of plants.
- In fact, in production conditions, greenhouse staff periodically observes plants and search for pests.
- Traditionally visual observations are made each week by human experts. It is difficult or even not possible to perform a continuous control and to examine every leaf in the greenhouse.
- The accuracy of these observations depends upon the human eye resolution, even if magnification tools can b used.
- So we tended to use machine vision technique and this implies to regularly observe the plants.
Green houses Tips ad Ideas:
- Green House technology which will allow large spans of low cost green houses to be run without the intervention of the human attendant.
- The immediate advantage in speeding up the growth rate is increasing the productivity by many folds.
- Speeding up the biological clock (Time Compression) means that we will attempt to shrink 24 hours long day into 12 hours or even into 6 hours.
- Our system will show the exceptional cases where 1 or 2 ( Batch of 24 plants) are either lagging behind or growing faster then the rest.
- Our system will inform about the growth and the average growth rate (Batch of 24).
Hydroponics, which uses a liquid nutrient solution as a growing medium and essential minerals to sustain plant growth. Aquaponics which uses water and fish waste. The most modern method is called Aeroponics. It is the process of growing plants in an air or mist environment without the use of soil or an aggregate medium (known as geoponics). Aeroponics is conducted without a growing medium because water is used in Aeroponics to transmit nutrients, it is sometimes considered a type of Hydroponics.
Green House technology which will allow large spans of low cost green houses to be run without the intervention of the human attendant.
The immediate advantage in speeding up the growth rate is increasing the productivity by many folds.
Speeding up the biological clock means that we will attempt to shrink 24 hours long day into 12 hours or even into 6 hours.
1. Image Capturing:
The System should capture the image of current look of plant periodically through webcam.
Open CV shall be used as a front end to be precise capturing frames from running videos stream will be accomplished by open CV. Most of the algorithms available in open VC will be used as reference. At a regular interval of approximately one hour a frame shall be captured from incoming video stream through a USB cameras.
2. Analysis of Image:
The System should analyze the image i.e. checking its leaves (for age and health of plant).
3. Required Information gathering:
The System should gather the required Information about plant i.e. the color and shape of leaves. An image analysis software along with image synthesis software will be used to extract module representing the various states and conditions and growth rate of the leaves of a particular species. This system will be trained by using pictures,sample set of pictures for each state and pictures are in the soft form.
4. Infer Results:
Then system will show the result about plant whether the condition is good or bad.
5. Taking Suitable Steps:
Then system should tell about the age of plant and the nutrients that should inject in the plant (according to plant age).
This module is responsible for activating and deactivating environment controllers in the Green House (Fans, mineral injectors, water controller, splinter etc.).
The above solution is costly or produce vocal commands for unskilled human operators to perform the timely task manually. We will prefer going for the second option because making a full fledge Green House along with water controller fall out of the scope and resources unavailable.
DETAIL LEVEL USE-CASE:
- Machine visual system overhead mounted machine vision system with ability recognize the age of plant/vegetable presented to it. Depending on the current age of the Lot of (24 plants) the system will provide a designer feed for the Batch suitable for the particular age.
- The system will describe the health of plant.
- This information will be announce vocally.