- 1 kilo combination of the following
- Pork’s liver; cut in strips (recommended)
- Pork's tenderloin; cut in strips (recommended)
- Pork’s kidney; cut in strips
- Pork’s heart; cut in strips
- 4 cloves garlic; pounded
- 1 medium onion; chopped
- 1 segment ginger; cut in strips
- 1 small can green peas (gisantes)
- 1 small carrot; cut in strips
- 1 bell pepper; cut in strips
- 1 cup vinegar
- Soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking oil
Igado Cooking Instructions
- In a bowl, marinate liver in vinegar. Set aside.
- Saute garlic, ginger, and onion followed by the tenderloin.
- When meat starts to render fat, add the heart and kidney.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute for 15 minutes or until broth comes out from the innards (add 1/4 cup water if necessary to soften).
- Add the liver and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Balance seasoning with soy sauce and vinegar, then continue cooking until sauce thickens.
- Add the carrots first and when tender, drop the bell pepper and peas.
- Cook until vegetables are done.
- You can omit ginger if you don't use kidney in the recipe.
- If you decide to use pork belly as one of the ingredients, it is recommended that you to remove the fat portion of it.