Sharing this post from http://www.gov.ph/2014/04/22/infographic-advisory-on-mers-cov/
Middle East Respiratory Syndrome – Corona Virus (MERS-CoV) is a viral respiratory illness.
Patients with MERS-CoV have been reported to have the following symptoms: fever, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, coughing. Other possible symptoms are diarrhea and kidney failure.
You can prevent getting MERS-CoV by:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water.
- Covering your nose and mouth with tissue paper when you cough or sneeze. Dispose used tissue paper immediately and properly.
- Avoiding touching your face—especially the eye area, nose, and mouth—with unwashed hands.
- Regularly cleaning frequently touched surfaces (e.g. door knobs, handles).
- Avoiding close contact with people who have tested positive for MERS-CoV.
- Make sure children follow these precautions.
Department of Health (DOH) 24-Hour Hotlines