Key Characteristics of Output Devices
• Output devices are meant for executing computerized output.
• The visual output is executed by the monitor.
• CRT monitors were curved and bulky.
• LCD monitors have flat screen which do not flicker and are light in weight.
• Plasma screens are mostly employed in TVs and are quite larger than CRT & LCD.
• The resolution of a monitor's screen is the outcome of the integration of fundamental bright dots called pixels.
• An e-book reader is a book sized hand held electronic device meant for displaying texts and images mostly retrieved from internet.
• A projector displays output over a whiteboard or neat wall.
• HDTV integrates micro technology to a TV set for high definition output over a wider scale.
• The texo-graphical output of a printer is called hard copy.
• A laser printer has a great speed printing sharp images.
• A thermal printer employs heat to impregnate impressions onto a specially treated paper meant for the purpose.
• The inkjet printers employ high speed spray printing technology.
• A dot matrix prints by striking pins installed in a printhead. Both dot matrix and daisy wheel printers work on the same principle of striking impression like a type writer and hence called character printers.
• Drum and chain printers print one complete line at a time.
• Plotters produce high quality printing by using pens as the tool of printing.
• The output of a speaker is sound.
• Human voice can artificially be generated through a speech synthesizer.
• A fax machine sends and receives documentary scans via telephone lines.
• People can enjoy cheap telephone calls via Internet telephony.
• The properties of of a scanner, photocopier, fax, and printer are combined in a device called multifunctional device.
If you have missed any of my previous articles, you can find them on my personal page:http://www.filmannex.com/azan-ahmed and subscribe to my page also :)
Please follow me on Twitter @aakhokharaa, connect on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/azan.ahmed.33046?ref=tn_tnmn.
Written By : Azan Ahmed