LECHE FLAN Recipe
1 big can evaporated milk
1 big can condensed milk
10 egg yolks
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 aluminum molds for leche flan
For the Caramel:
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup water
1. In a small bowl, mix thoroughly sugar & water and pour into the molds equally. Heat molds with sugar and water mixture on low fire until the sugar is caramelized. Set aside and let cool.
3. In a bowl, mix well the evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks and vanilla manually or by blender.
4. Pour gently the mixture on top of the caramel on the aluminum molds to about 1 1/4 inch thick.
5. Cover molds individually with aluminum foil. Steam for about 20 minutes OR bake for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees F. To tell whether the leche flan is already cooked, insert a knife on the mixture and if it comes out clean then the flan is already cooked.
6. Let cool and keep refrigerated.
How to serve: Run a thin knife around the edges of the mold to loosen the Leche Flan. Place a platter on top of the mold and turn upside down.