My forever favorite dessert!! :)
12 pieces of chicken eggs (yolks only)
1 big can of evaporated milk (370ml)
1 can of condensed milk (300ml)
¼ cup of white sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla
Leche Flan Cooking Procedure:
1. In a big bowl, mix the egg yolks, sugar, evaporated milk, condensed milk and vanilla. Use a whisk or fork to blend the ingredients but do it gently to prevent bubbles from forming. Set aside
2. Now prepare the llanera (aluminum mold) with caramelized syrup. Sprinkle 2 tablespoon of sugar into the llanera and caramelize over a low fire. Continue heating until the solid sugar turns into liquid (caramel) having a light brown color.
3. Spread the caramel on the bottom by tilting the llanera. Cool it down.
4. Pour the mixture in the llanera to about ¾ full
and cover it with an aluminum foil.
5 Put the filled llanera on the steamer and steam to about 45 minutes.
6. Remove the llanera and let it cool. Refrigerate for at least for a couple of hours before serving.
7. Serve the dessert and enjoy.