MUHARRAM UL HARAM.
The word Muharram means ''forbidden" and is derived from the word haram meaning '' sinful".
Muharram ul Haram is the first Islamic month. It is also included in those four months which are called Hurmat Walay maheenay, means the month in which fighting and murdering are prohibited and they are Muharrram, Rajab, Zeeq'ad and Zilhajj.
Muhammad Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallam," Muharram is for Allah so honor this month."
Islamic important events .
1 Muharram ul Haram, is the first day of new year.
Shi'ite Muslims begin the observance of the commemoration of Muharram which marks the anniversary of the battle of Karbala and the day that Hussain ibne Ali entered Karbala.
7th day of Muharram.
Excess of water was banned on Hussain and his family members and his followers.
10th day of Muharram ul Haram.
It is very important day of Muslims history.
It is also called the Day of Ashura . Ashura day is commemorated by Muslims as the anniversary of the death of Hussain bin Ali, ( the grandson of Muhammad (S.A.W.W).
Also an important events were noticed on the day of Ashura.
Such as .
1.Allah forgave the Hazrat Adam (a.s).
- Allah saved Hazrat Noah (a.s) ship and all the creatures which were in ship, and Noah(a.s) was fasting on that day for thanking Allah.
- Ibrahim (a.s) was born on the day of Ashura.
- Allah returned Hazrat Yaqub (a.s) eyesight.
- Imam Husain (a.s) was martyred on Ashura day.
- It had proved from hadith the day of judgment will be the day of Ashura 10 th of Muarram ul haram.