Scaffolding is a temporary elevated work platform, either supported from below or suspended form above, on which workers sit or stand to perform the tasks at height above the ground.
- Only trained and experienced Scaffolders will erect/alter/ dismantler Scaffold.
- Supervisor to ensure that a valid Permit to work is available before start of the job applicable.
- Supervisor to ensure that Toll Box Talk is conducted before start the job.
- Safe activity pre – check list sheet to be filled on daily basis before start of the job.
- Un- authorized personnel to keep away.
- Helmet with chain strap to be used.
- Scaffolders to secure their toe board to prevent falling object hazard.
- Area barricaded and sign posted.
- No simultaneous operation.
- Scaffold Material not obstructing access.
- Approved container and bucket for lifting loose material.
- Trained supervisor and foreman will supervise.
- Approved full body harness to be worn and anchored properly.
- During erection and on incomplete scaffolding, Red tag to be displayed.
- After the completion of erection job, Supervisor will install the Green tag along with signature followed by valid date.