JACOBABAD: Chief Minister Sindh Syed Qaim Ali Shah on Friday said that no further talks with the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) would take place until investigations into the allegations against the party are concluded.
Speaking to media representatives, he said the issue of forming a fresh alliance with the MQM was discussed before the Senate election. However, the prevailing situation demands that no further talks should be held, he added.
The CM said:“Party [PPP] will take a decision in this regard only after investigations into the allegations against the MQM are concluded.”
Chief Minister Shah said that overall law and order situation had improved in Karachi as Rangers, police and 'other institutions' had been working to wipe-out terrorism from the metropolis.
He told the media that the key accused in Shikarpur blasts was killed and vowed that the province and the country would soon be eradicated of terrorism and extremism.