The Uruguayan is the team's second highest scorer in Europe this season, with four goals from four appearances.
- Luis Suárez scored two in a game for the first time since he joined the Club
- The Uruguayan has now bagged 4 goals in the Champions League this season, second only to Messi who has scored eight. Suarez also scored against Apoel (0-4) and Paris Saint Germain (3-1).
- Suárez is becoming a bit of a nightmare for City’s Joe Hart – his two goals on Tuesday followed up the brace he got for Uruguay against Hart’s England in last year’s World Cup.
- Although he played for Liverpool in the Premier for three and half years, Tuesday night was the first time he’d scored at the City of Manchester Stadium.
- The win against City was FC Barcelona’s fifth win on the trot in the Champions League.
- Barça dominated the game and chalked up 62% of total possession.
- Andrés Iniesta made most passes for Barça, with 99, whilst Messi had the highest percentage of completed passes – 90%
- Gerard Piqué was the top defender, winning the ball back 14 times.
- Keeper Marc-André ter Stegen again showed his footballing skills, making 15 passes – all of them successful.