The state of being without job or the state of an individual looking for a job.
Unemployment does not include full-time students, the retired, children.
Types of Unemployment:
1.Involuntary (most common)
Involuntary is where someone can not gain employment even though they are trying. there are many causes of this, here a few:
- Lack of skills
- Lack of available jobs
- Geographical (unable to reach available geographical locations with available work)
- Unemployable (usually the long-term unemployed, have not worked for so long no one will take them on)
Voluntary Unemployment: someone chooses not to work: Why?
- The benefit system in place is too generous (i.e. no incentive to return to work)
- Too wealthy to need to work
- Criminal behavior and also criminal record
2.Lack of socialization
4.Lack of self esteem
The Factors that causes the Unemployment:
- The bad education policies.
The first reason is the growing population. You should know, and it was shown that is constant despite the fact that people in our country, the number of vacancies. Increasingly in the United States to find a job. That is why many of them can not find work and can be moved to the “unemployed” category
Another reason for unemployment is the replacement of humans by machines. Scientists call this type technological unemployment. I think you mentioned that companies are increasingly trying to replace workers with machines to cheaper production.
The unemployment rate:
It means a measure of the prevalence of unemployment and it is calculated as a percentage by dividing the number of unemployed individuals by all individuals who are employed and unemployed.
The Consequences of the Unemployment:
Crimes such as !
- Drug dealing
- Drug taking
- Rape crimes
The Suggested Solutions:
- Correct all the education polices to be related to work market needs
- Increase the labor chances by encouraging the invest
- Supply the small projects
- Focus on technical training for the graduates to be ready for work market needs
Written by: Mohammed Hussein