A website is a collection of webpages that can be accessed online which could represent:
- a company (San Miguel Corporation )
- an organization (ILO Country Office for the Philippines (CO-Manila))
- University (University of the Philippines Diliman)
- School (The Schools — De La Salle Philippines)
- A government departent (Department of Education of the Philippines)
- Mass Media (CNN.com)
- A business or a personal blog
- A church
- A non-profit organization and many more
Creating a website is a big challenge for most people.
I read a lot online about website creation and I saw lots of people created their websites using Wordpress.
Is Wordpress related to Microsoft Word?
No. It is a free web software (open source) tool designed by Automattic and the Founders are Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little.
WHY NOT CREATE A WEBSITE IN WORDPRESS?
- Wordpress is a Content Management System based on MYSQL and PHP which empowers billions of websites on the world wide web.
- Lots of programmers are engaged in Wordpress to develop it's plug-ins and themes.
- Wordpress communities are open for questions and support.
I could say that this is the best platform one could use in creating a website. With the help of video tutorials from Youtube.com and online tutorials from different bloggers, I was able to create a simple website.