Some people see IQ tests as a challenge, and they can't resist the lure of a good puzzle. Others see them as an entirely pointless mental exercise and they would much prefer to do something else like painting or drawing or writing poetry or kicking a ball between two wooden posts. If you are one of those who finds the cerebral challenge irresistible, have a go at these:
1. Find the number that logically completes the series:
1, 4, 9, 16, 25, 36, ...
2. And which number completes this series:
3, 6, 9, 15, 24, 39, ...
3. Complete this analogy with a seven-letter word ending with the letter 'T'
Potential is to actual as future is to _ _ _ _ _ _ t.
4. What number comes next in this series?
2, 3, 5, 9, 17, ...
5. I am a man. If Larry's son is my son's father, what relationship am I to Larry?
a. his grandfather
6. Which of the following numbers is the odd one out?
24, 68, 39, 47, 31, 12, 78
7. Five girls travel abroad by ship.
8. Which number completes the table?
9. Eddy left England (which he likes) to go on holiday to Greece (which, in general, he also likes).
10. Which letter completes this table?