This is a continuation of my first blog Battling PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
CONTINUATION (Updated October 20, 2016)..
I started taking my prescribed medicines last October 15, 2016. Today marks my 6th day of medication. on the second day of taking Provera (a medicine to correct my menstruation) and Folart (pre natal vitamin) I noticed that I am starting to develop skin rashes particularly on my left leg and at the back of my both hands, it was more like tiny blisters type of rash. it was itchy but still tolerable so i opt not to take antihistamine. Third day come, and i can already feel an unusual tenderness in my breasts, i tried to self examine my self and on my opinion there is no signs of lumps or anything. It was my curiosity that lead me to take a look on the internet to research on the side effects of taking Provera and Folic acid.
Side Effects of Provera
List of serious side effects that you may encounter whlie taking Provera. It is best to call your Doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects.
- sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body;
- sudden headache, confusion, problems with vision, speech, or balance;
- chest pain, sudden cough, wheezing, rapid breathing, fast heart rate;
pain or swelling in one or both legs;
- chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling;
- vaginal bleeding if you have already gone through menopause;
- feeling like you might pass out;
- a breast lump;
- symptoms of depression (sleep problems, dizziness, mood changes, headache);
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); or
- swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet.
Less serious side effect may include:
- · spotting or breakthrough bleeding;
- · changes in your menstrual periods;
- · vaginal itching or discharge;
- · breast tenderness or discharge;
- · mild itching or skin rash;
- · increased acne, hair growth, loss of scalp hair;
- · sleep problems (insomnia);
- · changes in appetite or weight,
- · mild stomach pain, bloating, nausea; or
- · skin color changes.
In my observation, I am experiencing two less serious side effects. I hope to finish all those ten tablets without having to call my Doctor for serious side effects. I only got four more left to take, next month I would ask my obstetrician if she can prescribe other medicine to replace Provera.
to be continued....
Continuation November 09, 2016
I was surprised by the news that my husband will be coming home soon... sooner than I expected. It was the 30th of October when he announced that He'll be heading home on that same day. I was so excited upon hearing the good news! Then came the next day, tne day of His arrival. I fetched him at NAIA termimal 1 arrival area.
November 24, 2016
My monthly Cycle is due today.. I am getting confused with what to expect. Pre Menstrual Syndrome and Early pregnancy symptoms has a very thin line of differences. Most of the time we women are having difficulties figuring out if its PMS or Early signs of pregnancy.
Emotional and Behavioral Symptoms
- Tension or anxiety
- Depressed mood
- Crying spells
- Mood swings and irritability or anger
- Appetite changes and food cravings
- Trouble falling asleep (insomnia)
- Social withdrawal
- Poor concentration
Physical Signs and Symptoms
- Joint or muscle pain
- Weight gain related to fluid retention
- Abdominal bloating
- Breast tenderness
- Acne flare-ups
- Constipation or diarrhea
Early Signs of Pregnancy
- Shortness of Breath
- Sore Breasts
- Frequent Urination
- Cravings or Food Aversions
- Constipation and Bloating
- Mood Swings
- Elevated Basal Body Temperature
- Super Smell
- Dizziness or Fainting
- Late Period
- Positive Pregnancy Test
November 26, 2016
Okay sa Monthly cycle just started... i was actually 3 days late.. all hopes are gone for this month...we'll try our luck in conceiving this December.Fingers Crossed!