Dum potato is very special Kashmiri dish, residents of Kashmir and tourist like it very much. Dum potatoes are served in breakfast or in lunch time. You can put it in kid’s lunch box. This recipe is very simple and easy to make, try this home and enjoy.
- Potatoes 8-9
- Yogurt ½ cup
- All spice powder 1 table spoon
- Chat masala 1 table spoon
- Cumin seeds 1 table spoon
- Onion 1 chopped
- Tomatoes 1 chopped
- Salt to taste
- Red chillies 1 table spoon
- Garlic paste 1 table spoon
- Oil to fry
- Peel potatoes and boil.
- Take pan heat oil, add cumin seeds and let them to pop.
- Add chopped onion and fry till golden brown.
- Add garlic paste, chat masala, red chillies, salt and tomatoes. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add yogurt and fry it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add boiled potatoes and fry.
- Put on dum with a little water for 5-10 minutes on slow flame.
- Sprinkle all spices powder. Serve with nan or paratha.