It is very important to always consider our health as our first priority. Health is the foundation of our daily grind – working to gain income for our needs and wants. Health is wealth. We will not be able to function well if we’re sick.
Health - Photo credit: LinusWealth sustainable-environment.org.uk
What do you usually do when you wake up? Well, I believe we don’t have the same daily routine, right? If you’re single, then you’re very lucky enough to just prepare your food anytime you want or just wait for your mom to finish her cooking. But for me, as a working mom, I’m always on a rush almost in everything especially in the morning. I need to cook breakfast for my kids and prepare their uniforms and then get myself also ready for work. Most of the time, I skipped breakfast for me to be able to catch up the service for work. My morning routine is very unhealthy since we all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, isn’t it?
Photo credit: Joy Calipes-Felizardo
Here's a video tackling on "Is Breakfast the Most Important Meal?"
Video credit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J5uufSi5OI
So what makes breakfast important on our day-to-day activities?
According to WebMD on it's article Breakfast: Is It the Most Important Meal, “Breakfast kick-starts your metabolism, helping you burn calories throughout the day. It also gives you the energy you need to get things done and helps you focus at work or at school.”
For us to be fit, we should consider having breakfast in our routine as researchers from the University of Alabama at Birmingham have found out that on average, people who eat breakfast are thinner than those who don’t. Basically because food intake in the morning keeps our appetite in check the rest of the day, and when our stomach is empty in the morning, we tend to eat more in our snacks and in our lunch. But we need to pay attention to what and how much we eat.
Beautiful fit women eating healthy salad in kitchen - Photo credit: dreamstime.com
Stock Photo - Creative people working in office on computer - Photo credit: goodluz, 123rf.com
In the office setting, usually we need to render 8 long hours a day. Here are some healthy tips to consider.
- Drinking Plenty of Water – Drinking water keeps us hydrated and active. It is advised to drink at least 6–8 glasses a day. We can have a tumbler in our desk so we can drink water anytime. We should restrict caffeine intake; although this is okay, but in moderation.
- Maintaining a Good Posture – Sitting whole day working on paper works and reports can be very tiring. We should make it a habit to sit up straight and give our body a good posture.
- Caring our eyes – Most of us use computers, staring the screen for hours can affect our eyes. It can cause computer vision syndrome (CVR) and a whole range of eye strain and pain. Let’s follow the 20-20-20 rule. Look away from the screen every 20 minutes and look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
- Taking frequent breaks – Make a walk from time to time and do a little stretching for us to rejuvenate and be more productive.
- Keeping the workstation clean and orderly – If we have a clean environment at work, then it will reflect on how healthy and clean we are to ourselves.
Many roles and responsibilities on a daily basis can give us much stress, but don't worry, it's normal. How to relieve ourselves from stress is basically relaxing in our sofa with our loved ones, watching movies, and of course having a good sleep.
Top 10 films to watch on family movie night - Photo credit: iStock
Here's another video on "Benefits of Being Healthy".
Video credit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91jxK5CsMT4
Staying fit and healthy requires a lot of effort that is why we need to incorporate good habits into our daily routine.
Stay fit and healthy everyone!!! Thanks for your time and patience on this plog post.