BI Intelligence breaks down the demographic of U.S. online and mobile shoppers by Gender, Age, Income, and Education.
Here are some most important about who shop online.
- Women drive shopping trends, control 80% of household spending.
- For e-commerce, men drive nearly as much spending online on the U.S. as women.
- Men more likely to make purchases on mobile devices.
- Consumers aged 18-34 were the key age demographic for online commerce, spending around $2,000 annually on e-commerce.
- Boomers and seniors have adopted mobile commerce.
- 55% of e-commerce shoppers in the U.S. live in households with incomes above $75,000. The median household income is around $50,000.