Basic Tips On How To Take Care Of Our Self
Do you know how to take care of yourself?
This is a very simple question that needs simple answers. Often times we forget to give proper attention and care on ourselves. We shall always remember the saying "you cannot give what you do not have". How can you love others if you do not love yourself? How can you take care of others if you do not know how to take cafe of yourself? For you to be able to properly share something to you fellowmen, you must possess first the core values and morals, the knowledge and wisdom, and the basic skills needed.
We should always remember the second greatest commandment of our God, "love your neighbors as you love yourself". And can you do this? First, we must know how to take care of ourselves.
Here are the ten simple and basic steps on how to take care of ourself.
1. When you feel or realize that the thing which you intend or plan to do is wrong, then do not do it. This shows that you are in the borderline of what is right and wrong which causes the doubts. Chances are, you are really at the wrong path, do not gamble with the what ifs.
2. When you say something, you have to say exactly what do you mean. Do not go around the bush and say direct to the point when you want to be. As much as possible be brief and precise.
3. Be kind and considerate to others but do not be a people pleaser. Anyway, you cannot pleased everybody so there is a big zero need to do it. This is the common misperception in most of us.
4. You have to trust your instincts. This is a gift from God so we must learn how to use it more than knowledge, wisdom prevails.
5. Never ever say anything bad and against yourself. Do not blame yourself for any mistakes and failures as things happen for a distinct purposes.
6. Follow your dreams and never ever give up until you successfully achieved them. They said dreaming is free but you have to plan and strive to reach your goals.
7. Learn how to say No when it is time say No but also learn how to say Yes when it is time say Yes. Do not be afraid to say it. When the situation dictates that you have to affirmably say "NO". However, if situation dictates that you should gladly say "YES".
8. Always be kind and considerate to yourself. The is the continuation of step number 5. When time and situation permit, be generous to yourself. You can pamper yourself within limits. Take caution, anything more than the need is poison.
9. Stay focus and determined on things you do. You have to let of go of the things which are beyond our control. Life is a cycle. Failure and success is always part of it. Do not worry too much if you're down now, just be firm and sooner you'll be up too.
10. Always maintain positive atmosphere. As much as possible, you should stay away from negativity and dramas of life. These will pull you back and push you out of the right track.
I've intentionally made this write up more detailed with the hope that this would be a useful reminder for all of us. Let us take care of ourselves, live life to the fullest and be happy.