Attention-seeking behavior and excessive vocalization often go hand-in-hand with cats. Causes for these behaviors can be either physical or emotional, or both. Before punishing your cat for excessive crying and meowing, or other attention seeking behavior, do some homework on possible causes.
Cats' Aggression Toward People
Cats' aggression toward people can be caused by poor training as a kitten (as in play aggression), fear, or other factors. Learn how to prevent a cat's aggression toward people, how to deal with it when it happens, and how to curb a cat's biting and scratching behavior.
Feline Aggression Toward Other Cats
Cats sharing a household will sometimes fight, but when active aggressive behavior between cats rears its ugly head, sometime human intervention is necessary.
- Some cats have survived falls from over 32 stories (320 meters) onto concrete, due largely to their “righting reflex.”
- Every year, nearly four million cats are eaten in China as a delicacy.
- Cats have 32 musclesthat control the outer ear, while humans have only 6.
- A cat has been themayor of Talkeetna, Alaska for 15 years.
- Cats can't taste sweetness.
- Cats sleep for 70% of their lives.
- Owning a cat can reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes by more than a third, researchers found.