INGREDIENTS (measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 8 to 10 slices of bread ( white, brown or whole wheat bread)
- butter as required, at room temperature
- cheddar cheese as required
- freshly crushed black pepper, roasted cumin powder and chaat masala as required
- first grate the cheese and keep aside. then spread butter on each slice.
- top half of the bread slices with grated cheese.
- sprinkle two to three pinches of black pepper powder, cumin powder and chaat masala on each slice which is topped with grated cheese.
- cover the cheese topped slices with the remaining buttered breads.
- spread butter on top of each slice.
- on a heated grill place the sandwich carefully with the buttered side facing down.
- spread butter on the top slices. close the grill sandwich maker and grill for 2-3 minutes till the sandwiches are crisp and golden.
- serve grilled cheese sandwich hot, plain or accompanied with green chutney or tomato ketchup.