I'm an undergraduate student and just finished my exams. Finals are extremely hectic and I've compiled some tips to stay sane and still get good grades.
- Create a study timetable and stick to it. This will keep you organized and you'll have a schedule to stick to.
- Keep hydrated. If you forget to drink water you may get migraines and it'll be harder to study.
- Study in small chunks. Don't try to study for hours on end. Divide your workload into small chunks and take regular breaks. There are many apps that can help with productivity such as Pomodoro, My Study Life and Forest
- Go take a walk. The fresh air will help you de-stress and the exercise is an added bonus. A study done by Dr. Chuck Hillman of the University of Illinois showed that taking a 20 minute walk before exams has also been proven to improve test performance.
- Get some sleep. It is important to get adequate sleep during finals week and especially before your exam. Your body needs sleep to rebuild itself and the brain uses that time to assimilate all the knowledge you learned. All-nighters can be very dangerous. Every semester I see students attempt all-nighters and the results are not pretty.