1. Speak to people. There is nothing as nice as a cheerful word of greeting.
2. Smile at people. It takes 65 muscles to frown; only 15 to smile.
3. Call people by name. The sweetest music to anyone's ears is the sound of his own name.
4. Be friendly and helpful. If you would have friends, be friendly.
5. Be cordial. Speak and act as if everything you do were a genuine pleasure.
6. Be genuinely interested in people. You can like everybody if you try.
7. Be generous with praise - cautious with criticism.
8. Be considerate with the feelings of others. It will be appreciated.
9. Be thoughtful of the opinion of others. There are three sides to a controversy - yours -- the others fellow's -- and the right one.
10. Be alert to give service. What counts most in life is what we do for others.
source: My Travel Companion (A Prayer Book)