Photo courtesy of smokefree.org
This video uploaded on YouTube by Albert Sarangay
“Cigarette smoking is dangerous to your health” we always hear this phrase in every advertisement involving cigarette just like the commercial advertisement above. You should know that it is not only the smoker puts himself in danger, but also those who are innocent people surround him. In this state, the first-hand, second-hand and third-hand smokes take place.
Photo courtesy of www.firsthan.kinja.com
This is the smoke inhaled by the cigarette smoker.
Image courtesy of www.pinterest.com
Which is the smoke either exhaled by a smoker or released from the end of a burning cigarette that was inhaled by the non-cigarette smoker.
Image courtesy of www.newyou.com.ph
This is the cigarette smoke residue and gases that are left after a cigarette has been smoked.
Let us watch the video below to know what cigarette composed of.
Video uploaded by Bailey Elkins
Smoking is a hard habit to break because cigarette contains nicotine, which is highly addictive. The person that is exposed to this will experience the feeling that his body and his mind quickly become so used that a person needs to have it just to feel normal. Thus, a normal life for him would always be acquitted with a stick labeled cigarette and a lighter/box of matches, the so-called parasitic twin.
Statistics show that about 9 out of 10 cigarette users’ start before they’re 18 years old. Nowadays, you can probably see students at the age of at least 13 smoking outside the school campus. I try to figure out why some people smoke, especially those who are in their minor age and here are the various reasons given for smoking:
1. Some people find it looks cool. (I don’t know why they think of this pathetic reason, well, we have our own perspective anyway.)
2. Some because of experimentation, “when something is forbidden they would love to dare the consequences and feel good when not caught. (Parents should be more attentive to their children)
3. Others start because a family member smokes (here comes the mirroring others)
4. Some smoke to think properly.
5. There were also teens who smoke as a way to manage weight.
6. Some smoke because of the influence of friends (here comes the “in” thing)
7. Others smoke to relieve stress.
Yes, we know, too much is bad. Your health will be at risk if you will not control yourself. Don’t let yourself be the servant of your bad habit; do the best for yourself. I gathered the bad effects of using a cigarette. Here as follow:
1. Bad breath - cigarettes leave smokers with a condition called halitosis or persistent bad breath (how was that? You think that was cool?)
2. Bad smelling clothes and hair – the smell of stale smoke tends to linger- not just on people’s clothing, but on their hair, furniture and cars. And it’s often hard to get the smell of smoke out.
3. Cigarette smoking will cause you bad skin. Because smoking restricts blood vessels, it can prevent oxygen and nutrients from getting to the skin- which is why smokers often appear pale and unhealthy. Studies proved an increased risk of acquiring Psoriasis.
4. Greater risk of injury and slower rate of healing – smoking affects the body’s ability to produce collagen, so common, sports injuries such as damage to tenders and ligaments will heal more slowly in smokers than non-smokers.
5. Increased risk of illness- studies show that smokers get more colds, flues, bronchitis and pneumonia than non-smokers. And people with certain health conditions like asthma, become more sick if they smoke (and often if they’re around people who smoke). Because some teens who smoke in the reason of managing weight often light-up- instead of eating, their bodies also lack the nutrients they need to grow, develop and fight off illness properly.
Aside from those, here are the particular parts of the body that are being affected by cigarette smoking.
Image courtesy of www.betobaccofree.hhs.gov
You might have second thoughts now whether to stop smoking or not. When quitting, it can be helpful to realize that the first few days are the hardest. So don’t give up. Some people find that difficult to stop. They need a few relapses before they manage to quit.
Image courtesy of www.yorktraditionalacupuncture.co.uk
Avoiding smoking triggers will help reduce the urge to smoke, but you can't avoid cravings entirely. But cigarette cravings don't last long, so if you're tempted to light up, remember that the craving will pass and try to wait it out. It also helps to be prepared in advance. Having a plan to cope with cravings will help keep you from giving in.
Consider these helpful tips on how to quit smoking:
- Go out; enjoy yourself in the company of others.
- Take time to go out on long vacations.
- Get involves on things which make you relaxed and happy. Don’t let yourself get too heavy on you.
- List your work according to priorities and tackle them. Give top priority to your personal life and family.
- Try and try! Maybe you will fail at first but you must pursue to stop using cigarette for good. Always remind yourself why you quit.
- Reward yourself. Whenever you triumph over a craving, give yourself a reward to keep yourself motivated.
Image courtesy of www.healthyfoodhouse.com
Quitting smoking can be one of the greatest decisions you’ll ever do for the rest of your life. For the non-smokers, keep your body healthy and unpolluted don’t be distract to those who does, stay intact. We all aim for a better life and greener pastures. The bright future that awaits us should be accompanies by good and healthy living. With those cigarettes on your pocket, you’ll live shorter life and longer suffering. You should know that with good health, success and wealth are possible. But then, the only thing that really helps a person to avoid the problems associated with smoking is his own will and being responsible not just to his self but for the sake of other people surround him.
Image courtesy of www.colourbox.com
Staying smoke free will give you a whole lot more of everything- more energy, better performance, better looks, more money in your pocket, and in the long run, a longer life to live.