7-Faculty of Engineering :
In 1816 , a school of engineering was established in the citadel and then , another one was established in 1834 in Bolaq but it was closed as soon as it was established .
And again in 1858 , another one was established but again it was closed in 1861 .
Another ones were established and closed until 1905 when the last founded school was moved to its current location .
In 1908 , it had two departments ( Irrigation and Architecture ) then , in 1916 , another 3 departments were opened and they were ( Municipalities - Mechanics - Electricity ) .
After that , it joined Cairo University and in 1926 it became for departments which were ( Civil - Architecture - Mechanics - Electricity ) .
Year after year , it had more departments till they became eleven department by 2009 and they are :
1- Mathematics and Physics Engineering department .
2-Architecture department .
3-Civil Engineering department .
4-Mechanical Engineering department .
5-Aerospace Engineering department .
6-Electrical and Communication Engineering department .
7-Power Engineering and Electrical Machines department .
8-Chemical Engineering department .
9-Mining, Petroleum & Metallurgy Engineering department .
10-Computer Engineering department .
11-Water and Environmental Engineering department .
8-Faculty of urban and regional planning :
In 1978 , the Faculty of urban and regional planning was established and began to accept students in its old building in El-Galaa street in Cairo .
And in 1991 , it had a new building in Cairo University and began to be known as Faculty of urban and regional planning as it was an institute before that .
The faculty has four departments and they are :
1-Urban Development Regional department .
2-Urban Planning department .
3-Urban Design department .
4-Environmental Planning and Infrastructure department .
9-Faculty of mass communication :
In 1939 , an institute was established to study press and then , it was known as the institute of press and translation and it was established in the faculty of arts in Cairo University .
In 1954 , that institute became a department for press and translation in the faculty of arts and in 1969 , it became again and independent institute for mass communication .
In 1974 , the institute of mass communication became the faculty of mass communication and basically it was established in Cairo University since it was an institute .
The faculty has five departments and they are :
1-Journalism department .
2-Radio and Television department .
3-Public Relations and Advertising department .
4-English Section department .
5-Electronic Journalism program department .
wait for the Cairo University 4 blog .
written by : Mohamed Mostafa .